Any cool facts you know about Temple Bar?
Especially in between 1879 and 1980, we couldn’t find anything…
Share with us!
- 900 AD – The vikings love Temple Bar and set up their base camp here
- 1627 – Sir William Temple loves it too and gives his name to Temple Bar Street
- 1800 – Temple bar becomes a den of vice and prostitution in Dublin
- 1819 – The Temple Bar Pub opens its doors!
- 1879 – The Olympia Theatre is opened by well known (?) architect Dan Lowrey
- 1980 – Threatened with demolition for a bus station project, it instead becomes a cultural hub in Dublin
- 2006 – Temple Bar hosts the Trad Festival of Irish Music and Culture since 2006
- 2011 – Dave Browne’s 5 day guitar-playing marathon in the Temple Bar pub becomes a World Guinness Record!
- 2015 – The first Rock’n Roll museum opens in Temple Bar